Bachelor of Fisheries Science
B.F.Sc. (Bachelor of Fisheries Science)
- This is a four years degree programme with a intake of 42.
- It is a practical oriented professional course with theoretical instructions and intensive practical training imparted on different subjects
The College imparts its academic programmes in Semester system.
Eligibility Criteria for B.F.Sc.
- The candidate should have passed second year PUC of Karnataka Pre-University Board or its equivalent examination with Physics, chemistry, mathematics and Biology as elective subjects.
- The candidate should be completing 17 years of age as on 31st December, 2011
Mode of Admission
Filled in Applications for admission are to be submitted to the Registrar, KVAFSU, P.B. No. 6. Nandinagar, Bidar – 585 401 only in the prescribed form on or before the date and time prescribed in the notification issued by the University
- Admission to seats under General quota/ Reserved Quota :
Admission for the seats shall be made strictly according to merit, which shall be determined as under
B.F.Sc. : Percentage of marks obtained in Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics and Biology in II year Pre-University examination of Karnataka or its equivalent.
- Admission to seats under Agriculturist quota (seats reserved for Agriculturists/ Children of Agriculturists) :
In respect of the seats reserved for Agriculturists / Children of Agriculturists, the University shall conduct a Practical test for 200 marks. The merit list shall be prepared for allotment of seats by taking the marks as indicated below.
50% of the marks secured in PCMB in II year PUC or its equivalent + 50% of the marks secured in Practical test conducted by the University.
The candidates who fail to appear for practical test and those candidates who attend the Practical test but score less than 100 marks in the same are not eligible for claiming seats under this quota. The practical test is conducted for 200 marks by the University on the specified date and time and the candidates will be required to identify the specimen and carry out field operations related to Fisheries and allied sciences including Agricultural subjects.
- Admission to seats under Foreign National/ NRI’s NRI Sponsored and Kashmiri migrants quota :
The seats are allotted on merit, based on aggregate percentage of marks in Physics, chemistry and Biology obtained in II year PUC or its equivalent.
Counselling – Cum Admission
The Admission committee constituted by the University will call candidates for counseling-cum-admission based on the merit list prepared under each category of Reservation or General merit as the case may be. Normally larger than the actual number required will be called in the order of merit to verify the certificates and information furnished in the application form. From out of those actually attending the counseling and found eligible, the committee may recommend for admission keeping in view the actual number of candidates required under each category and those to be kept in reserve in the order of merit as their names appear in the merit list under each category.